About The Novice Garage Woodworker

·

Howdy! I’m Erik Pearson and welcome to The Novice Garage Woodworker, the online woodworking how-to source for novice woodworkers, by novice woodworkers.

I’ve been a woodworker for about 6 years but I still consider myself a novice, a beginner. Recently I was finally able to start setting up a dedicated workshop, in the back bay of my garage, and found myself really getting serious about my woodworking. I decided to start from scratch again with my woodworking education.

I started this website and the accompanying audio and video podcasts because I couldn’t find a single web resource that could give me a concise answer to the question, “Where and How Do I Get Started In Woodworking?” I’ll try to answer that question, and share some lessons I’ve learned and useful resources that will help you out.

More than anything, The Novice Garage Woodworker will be about my journey from Beginner to Craftsman. It’ll be a great trip, and I’m glad you’re along for the ride.

Music for the show is provided by George Thorogood and The Destroyers, through a Creative Commons license. The song The Hard Stuff was downloaded from the Podsafe Music Network.

Woodcraft.com Visit Rockler.com - Woodworking Superstore!